BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Feburary 29. 2009

It's two weeks before Gabriel is off treatment. Since we hadn't been admitted at Rady's Hospital, I guess we needed to gave it a try. Gabriel had a bug this week for a day (Monday), with symptoms of a stomach flu. Wednesday, Steven and I caught it and Thursday Gabriel started again. Friday, we came in to get Gabriel's last round of chemo, unfortunately Gabriel's potassium was low and he was a little dehydrated.
We were admitted to boost his potassium.



For our first admission at Rady's we were unable to get a room in the Hematology/Oncology section. Instead, we stayed in medical surgery section. Gabe's potassium recovered over night, but he is still having episodes of vomiting and the runs. He's become more interested in eating, but he can't keep anything down long.



I started giving him bananas and Gatorade in the hospital. He wanted to be home, so I asked the attending hemoc. physician if we could take him home this morning because his potassium had recovered. Although the doctors were skeptical of sending him home, I was able to convince them I would be a good mom (LOL).


After enjoying the beautiful weather at the hospital, I was able to bring him home. Now I am giving him nausea medicine to keep the Gatorade and bananas in him.

Angela

0 comments: